ABOUT ARMY CYBER COMMAND
THE ARMY’S FRONTLINE OF CYBER WARFARE
United States Army Cyber Command (ARCYBER) is the Army’s frontline of defense against hackers, data breaches, and network intrusion. They are responsible for maintaining and advancing Army readiness and technological superiority efforts in the midst of changing threats, cyberspace terrain, and technology.
WHAT IS ARMY CYBER COMMAND?
Army Cyber Command directs and conducts integrated electronic warfare, information and cyberspace actions. They are responsible for the aggressive defense of Army networks, data infrastructure and cyber weapons systems.
Traditional boundaries no longer exist and anonymous attacks can occur at near-light speed over fiber-optic networks. Adversaries will attempt to deny freedom of movement on Army networks and the electromagnetic spectrum and use any other resources they can to gain an advantage.
Army Cyber Command is made up of elite warriors who defend Army networks and provide full-spectrum cyber capabilities.
Fighting in cyberspace requires the focused engagement of a fully-integrated, technically-proficient workforce that understands how to utilize both cyberspace and the electromagnetic spectrum to complete the mission.
THE ARMY CYBER MISSION
Army Cyber Command is responsible for aggressively maintaining cyberspace security and conducting integrated electronic warfare, information and cyberspace operations, ensuring the freedom of action through cyberspace and the information environment. They are responsible for:
- Continually monitoring cyber threats and keeping a 24-hour watch on the Army’s global networks.
- Working with Army and joint agencies, as well as industry partners to develop and field technologically superior cyberspace capabilities.
- Modernizing networks and improving defensive cyberspace operations
- Creating cyberspace network support at the corps level and below, including combat units.
- Recruiting, developing, managing and retaining cyberspace professionals
- Bringing offensive and defensive cyber capabilities to combat malicious threats
- Modernizing networks to provide resilient Army combat systems to meet challenges in any operational environment.
ARMY CYBER UNITS
The Army Cyber operational structure, not including its own headquarters, is comprised of four commands:
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
Staying at the forefront of cyber warfare dominance requires a force of adaptable, technologically superior cyberspace warriors. Learn about the training you’ll receive as a Soldier in U.S. Army Cyber Command.
Are you interested in joining the Army as an officer? Learn about the Army Cyber Command Direct Commissioning Program.
Learn about the history of modern cyber warfare. Check out the timeline of Army Cyber.
Interested in the role you’ll be playing as a Cyber Soldier? Learn about the current Cyber Command career military occupational specialties (MOS).