Alliance chairman wins the 2019 Invest Augusta Cyber Leadership Award
Nomination for Mr. Stan Shepherd
- Stan has lived in Columbia County since 1975
- Graduate of Evans High School, Class of 1983 and Georgia Southern College, Class of 1988
- Employed with BellSouth / AT&T since 1988
Positions, offices, service awards, etc. In the region:
- Past Chair, March of Dimes
- Past Chair, Augusta Metro Chamber of Commerce
- Past Chair and current board member of the Development Authority of Columbia County
- Past Chair, United Way of the CSRA
- Past Chair and current board member, Augusta Tomorrow
- Past Chair, University Hospital Foundation
- Chairman, CSRA Alliance for Fort Gordon
- Leadership Augusta Executive Forum, Class of 2002
- Leadership Georgia, Class of 2005
- Leadership Columbia County Executive Forum, Class of 2013
- Augusta Rotary Club Member
- Columbia County Chamber Gov’t Affairs committee member
- Augusta Chamber Advocacy Committee member
- Wesley United Methodist Church member
- Received the Army’s civilian service medal – 2018
Why do you feel this individual is deserving of this award:
Stan is a great leader.
Great leaders are key to an organization’s success. As Peter Drucker famously stated, “Leadership is doing the right things.” Great leaders set direction, build an inspiring vision, and guide people to achieve common goals.
Stan has provided and continues to provide that leadership to numerous organizations across the entire Fort Gordon Cyber District.
Leadership awards should recognize the outstanding skills and lifetime achievements of great leaders and Stan is that leader who has a legacy of building community partnerships to advance the education, health, and quality of life of others.
He is a true selfless servant and community leader. Stan has the unique ability to inspire people to take action across the region and to act upon collective plans that achieve greater goals.
He is able to bring out the best in people. Stan truly deserves this award based on his long time commitment to Cyber, our region, and our country.